There are a number of products, the use of which can lead to deadly diseases, among other things, homemade canned food and pickles can cause food botulism, said doctor and TV presenter Alexander Myasnikov.
“But what about the mushrooms, you ask? And this is at your own risk … This is Russian roulette, "the expert said on the air of the Russia 1 TV channel, RIA Novosti reports.
According to him, food botulism is an intoxication that occurs after botulinum toxins enter the body, they are considered the most dangerous poison in the world. You can get foodborne botulism if you eat contaminated food that has not been properly cooked or reheated, the doctor explained.
The greatest danger, as the doctor noted, is homemade canned food and various pickles, but you can get rid of botulinum toxins by boiling a jar, since these substances produced by bacteria do not tolerate high temperatures.
Sausages, salted and smoked fish are also dangerous, he said. The fact is that neither by their smell, nor by their appearance, it is impossible to determine the presence of botulinum toxins in them.
Myasnikov concluded that it is possible to reduce the risk of contracting botulism with the help of proper nutrition.
Earlier, Myasnikov spoke about the deadly danger of heartburn.