The girls diligently lose weight by the New Year and shine in bright dresses at the holiday, however, during the long New Year's holidays, abounding in delicious food, the hated kilograms again appear on the waist and have to be shed again. But keeping the extra food off seems like an almost overwhelming task. Fortunately, there are several tricks to make it easier.
Nutrition specialist Elena Kalen is of the opinion that one cannot deny oneself the desired food. But in order to distinguish between real desires and the habit of eating more, and also to understand what you really want, it is important to listen carefully to the body and not forget about moderation. Elena gave some tips to help you avoid overeating at the New Year's table.
1. Give yourself a break and don't berate yourself for breakdowns. Nobody says that you need to achieve your goal without making mistakes along the way. If you overeat overnight, just hit the road in the morning, focusing on what has worked for you in the past.
2. Write yourself reminder notes around the house. Draw an exclamation mark on colorful stickers or take mini-notes with questions such as "Do you want to stay out of your favorite jeans tomorrow morning?" and "Are these calories worth the consequences?"
3. New Year is a reason to diversify your life. Instead of spending the whole week of vacation within four walls, tormented by the number of temptations, find new entertainment for yourself: skates and skis, walks and snowballs.
4. Ask yourself if you want this particular dish? We often put food on the plate simply because it is on the table. But if you start to approach the issue of choice consciously, you immediately begin to understand that you didn't really want some dishes. Evaluate if you really want to try another salad bowl or this particular dish? Most likely, your own answer will surprise you.
5. Include in the diet bananas, kiwi, grapes - they are rich in potassium. Potassium, as one of the main nutrients, balances sodium, so you save less water - it doesn't accumulate in the body and you don't gain weight.
6. Chew food very slowly. When your pre-holiday to-do list is endless, it can be difficult to keep yourself at a slower speed even while eating. But eating fast is a quick recipe for a wide waist. And if you really wanted to pamper yourself, for example, with candy, then do not rush to swallow it. Bite off a small bite, savor on the tongue - often just one bite is enough to get what such food is intended to give
7. Do 1-2 simple exercises in the morning. According to modern researchers, a couple of morning exercises will help ensure a great mood throughout the day.
8. Use the rule of three bites. This will even allow you to eat desserts. By practicing the three-bite rule, you can keep your sweet tooth in check.
9. Give up alcohol in advance. Alcohol is a poor weight loss aid. On the one hand, because there are a lot of calories, on the other, this is always a change in our state. With it, we begin to lose control, we lose sight of our goal. In addition, many alcoholic drinks awaken the appetite.
10. Weigh yourself twice a week. This is enough to be sure that you remain in the ranks. Let this be the first thing in the morning when your stomach is still empty. If you are engaged in active sports (or are planning), then add the measurement of volumes to the measurement of weight. Muscle is heavier than fat, so the weight can stand when the volume is gone.