Hematologist Spoke About The Connection Between Blood Type And Cancer

Hematologist Spoke About The Connection Between Blood Type And Cancer
Hematologist Spoke About The Connection Between Blood Type And Cancer

Video: Hematologist Spoke About The Connection Between Blood Type And Cancer

Video: Let's Talk About: Blood Cancers Progress and Promise (1/2) 2022, November
Anonim
Image
Image

Hematologist Yulia Nenasheva spoke about the connection between blood group and cancer. She stated this in an interview with Channel Five.

According to her, blood type can affect a person's susceptibility to cancer. Thus, patients with the second group are 20 percent more likely to experience stomach cancer, and people with the second and fourth are more likely to develop pancreatic cancer. At the same time, patients with the first group are less prone to oncology, in particular to cancer of the skin, lungs and ovaries.

However, the doctor stressed that experts have not yet found a link between the blood type and colon or breast cancer. She also added that only 20 percent of cancer cases are associated with a genetic predisposition, and the remaining 80 percent with a person's lifestyle.

Earlier, the general practitioner of the European Medical Center Anna Kulinkovich spoke about the connection between the blood type and the severity of COVID-19. According to her, the data of the studies carried out to date do not allow making unambiguous conclusions, however, the works demonstrate the presence of certain trends. She noted that among the sick, the least of all people with the first blood group.

Popular by topic