Rangers goalkeeper Igor Shesterkin in an interview with SE said that in the NHL he was hinted at being overweight. He noted that he has one of the highest body fat percentages among the club's players.
- What else has changed in the training process?
- I began to spend more time in the gym. But for a reason. Suddenly it turned out that I had too much fat, too much weight.
- Goalkeepers are not so demanding in this sense.
- I was subtly hinted that I need to change.
- They said that you are fat?
- Not so, of course. Approached thinner. They brought a list, which indicated who has what weight and what percentage of fat. I began to study the list from the bottom up, confident that everything was in order. But it turned out that he was looking in the wrong direction. It turned out that I have one of the highest fat percentages. Here, they say, you are at the top, but you should be at the bottom.
- But you have played at a high level before. It's more convenient for you.
- Yes, yes, they told me so. Of course, you can stay with the same weight, but … In short, it became unpleasant for me myself that after dinner I had to unfasten the belt. And I took it seriously. Now everything is normal.
- Have you been put on a diet?
- Not to say that it was a tough diet. I rarely eat fast food. I had to deal with the size of the portions. I was gaining myself much more than I needed. There is less sweet food.
- But you haven't completely ruled out?
- No, what are you. I want to be fun in life. (Alexey Shevchenko)
The Russian goalkeeper made the whole NHL fall in love with him. Shesterkin spoke about his debut at the Rangers