Doctor-therapist of the highest category, toxicologist Alexey Vodovozov told how safe it is to disinfect premises from viruses. The specialist shared information on Wednesday, November 11.
Vodovozov explained that the treatment is carried out with substances that are "allowed" for circulation, their toxicity has been studied. He clarified that there are groups of substances for use in different conditions. However, according to the specialist, violation of the instructions and the use of a substance that emits large amounts of chlorine in a poorly ventilated room can harm a person.
The toxicologist noted that disinfectants are not lethal, but can lead to headaches, nausea and weakness. According to him, there is no allergy, but any chemical can be an irritant, Sputnik radio reports.
Earlier, "Profile" said that a focus of the spread of bacteria in hospitals was identified. A team of American epidemiologists from Virginia investigated bacterial contamination in hospital wards. Their goal was to find out how quickly new pathogens spread and in what way they infect nearby surfaces.