Onishchenko Called The Reasons For The Increase In Cases Of Infection With Rotavirus Infections

Onishchenko Called The Reasons For The Increase In Cases Of Infection With Rotavirus Infections
Onishchenko Called The Reasons For The Increase In Cases Of Infection With Rotavirus Infections

Video: Onishchenko Called The Reasons For The Increase In Cases Of Infection With Rotavirus Infections

Video: Rotavirus | Risk Factors, Pathophysiology, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment 2022, December
Anonim

In winter, the incidence of viral infections of the gastrointestinal tract, including rotavirus, increases. First Deputy Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Education and Science Gennady Onishchenko told why rotavirus infection often manifests itself at low temperatures. The Honored Doctor of Russia noted that in the modern world, viral infections are gradually replacing microbial ones: “The landscape is changing: if at the beginning and middle of the last century we talked about dysentery, which caused gastrointestinal diseases - it was a classic, now it is a rotavirus infection that is transmitted both through the water and through the products. " The causative agent of rotavirus infection is ingested through the mouth with food and water. Onishchenko added that in this sense, homemade products for long storage are especially "dangerous". It is more difficult to defend against rotavirus than against diseases caused by microorganisms: “Today enteroviruses, rotaviruses and so on are gradually replacing the microbial flora. Microbial infection can be protected by increasing sanitary culture, but when rotavirus infection comes in its place, it can break out in winter. " Onishchenko noted that a certain seasonality is characteristic of any infection. Intestines are more commonly diagnosed in summer and autumn, and rotavirus is more common in winter. In Krasnoarmeysk near Moscow, in schools 3 and 4, the media write, 96 students fell ill. Currently, the prosecutor's office and the RF IC are conducting a check on this fact in educational institutions and in an organization that supplies food to school canteens. "Previously, the cause of the poisoning was the rotavirus, since some parents of the children also turned to doctors with discomfort, while they did not eat school food," a law enforcement source told TASS.

Popular by topic