Deadly Feast: Six People Died From Antiseptic Poisoning In Yakutia

Deadly Feast: Six People Died From Antiseptic Poisoning In Yakutia
Deadly Feast: Six People Died From Antiseptic Poisoning In Yakutia

Video: Deadly Feast: Six People Died From Antiseptic Poisoning In Yakutia

Video: Apocalypse in YAKUTIA | The Earth has turned to Ash 2022, December
Anonim

The death toll from antiseptic poisoning in Yakutia has reached six. Another man died in intensive care. Doctors continue to fight for the rest. They are in serious condition. Investigators have already opened a criminal case and found the very store where the victims bought the lethal agent, reports MIR 24 TV channel Elena Shiryaeva.

Since there are strict restrictions on the sale of alcohol in Yakutia due to the coronavirus, a five-liter canister of antiseptic was put on the table as an intoxicating drink.

“After drinking on November 19, a 41-year-old woman died at home. Two men, 27 and 59 years old, died in intensive care. Three more men, aged 28, 32 and 69, were taken to hospital. There they were under the supervision of doctors. But two could not be saved,”said Nadezhda Dvoretskaya, senior assistant to the head of media relations of the Investigative Directorate of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia).

A little later it became known that another party participant had died. Doctors continue to fight for the lives of the rest.

“The taste and appearance is no different from alcohol. For an alcoholic, it's like a red rag for a bull. He sees that alcohol is also cheap,”said Oleg Stetsenko, a narcologist. Antiseptics should not be taken internally. In the composition - not pure alcohol, but a mixture of substances that, when in contact with the mucous membrane, cause intoxication, and with a large amount lead to death.

“The composition of the sanitizer contains a large amount of alcohols. They use either ethyl, food grade, which is used for making drinks, or propyl, for perfumery. It is not intended for internal use,”said Vladimir Kotov, President of the Association of Manufacturers and Suppliers of Personal Protective Equipment.

It seems people are ready to drink anything that smells like alcohol. So, in 2016, 76 people died in Irkutsk. They replaced the alcohol with "Hawthorn" - a bath cleaner. Hawthorn was bottled in underground shops. Although ethyl alcohol was written in the composition, in fact, the manufacturers added methyl alcohol.

In Yakutia, investigators are still investigating. They have already found a store where the victims bought an antiseptic. Find out what was in the composition where the sanitizer was made. A criminal case was opened into the death of people.

Popular by topic