Rospotrebnadzor Warned Muscovites About The Consequences Of Mushroom Poisoning

Rospotrebnadzor Warned Muscovites About The Consequences Of Mushroom Poisoning
Rospotrebnadzor Warned Muscovites About The Consequences Of Mushroom Poisoning

Video: Rospotrebnadzor Warned Muscovites About The Consequences Of Mushroom Poisoning

Video: Mushroom Poisoning Amanita phalloides (death cap mushroom)- Fmge and Neet pg Pharmacology 2022, December
Anonim

The Office of Rospotrebnadzor in Moscow warned residents of the capital about the consequences of improper eating mushrooms and offered recommendations on how to avoid poisoning, according to the agency's website.

Image
Image

“The causes of mushroom poisoning are the inability to recognize poisonous and edible mushrooms, and improper preparation of dishes from certain edible and conditionally edible mushrooms. Even a healthy body can easily digest only 100 grams of mushrooms at a time,”the message says.

Rospotrebnadzor also reminds that mushrooms are difficult to digest, so they are contraindicated for children and not recommended for use by pregnant women, lactating women and the elderly.

In case of mushroom poisoning, it is necessary to consult a doctor as soon as possible, as attempts at self-treatment can be fatal. You can also get poisoned with conditionally edible mushrooms if they are improperly prepared.

“Symptoms of poisoning can become apparent within 1.5 hours after eating mushrooms. A person may feel nausea, rather severe abdominal pains, and they will be accompanied by diarrhea up to 10-15 times per day and vomiting. Also, a poisoned person may have a rise in body temperature, while the pulse will weaken, and the legs and arms will become colder,”the message will clarify.

In this case, poisoning with a satanic mushroom, fly agaric (smelly, panther, red) and false agarics, in addition to the indicated symptoms, can cause hallucinations and delirium.

Homemade canned mushrooms are also dangerous - this can lead to the development of botulism. Before conservation, mushrooms must be thoroughly washed and cleaned, but even this does not always kill pathogens.

“If symptoms of poisoning appear, you need to urgently call a doctor. Drinking plenty of fluids and bed rest are recommended prior to his arrival. You can drink cold water and cold strong tea. You can also take activated charcoal to absorb harmful substances. With proper treatment and timely access to a doctor, recovery occurs, as a rule, in a day, "- added in the message.

Popular by topic